We are always interested to meet like-minded individuals who can make a positive difference to ADI and its clients.
Software Engineer – Server (Ref SR69)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Engineer (Server) to work on specification and development of the Web server platform for mobile applications involving: report generation, OAuth access control, database analysis and maintenance, admin interfaces + user portals. The purpose of the role is to develop and maintain server-side software for personal health records and related interfaces and provide technical leadership on web server – client developments. Responsibilities include supporting and maintaining web server and database for development, test, and production environments and keeping a detailed record of all development activities using a source control and defect tracking system.
Since being set up ten years ago, ADI has built up a remarkable track record of developing award-winning products for our customers, including ” European Smart Metering Technology of the Year Award 2016″, and the prestigious “Red Dot” design award for our polymer banknote verification product. We are the first UK Company to have developed an accredited Internet of Things product for the SigFox LP-WAN network operated by Arqiva, and are developing a secure end-to-end system to connect domestic HVAC equipment controllers securely and cheaply to the internet. Our technology will be used to verify the new “plastic fiver” banknotes that the Bank of England started rolling out by this summer. We specialise in developing very high quality, high volume, cost-sensitive products, that we take “from whiteboard to volume”, and that are typically connected as part of a distributed system.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, ADI is now looking for an outstanding individual to join our growing development team.
You would be joining a group of highly experienced electronic product development experts, including project managers, technologists, DSP signal processing specialists, embedded software engineers and other electronics engineers.
The post is based with the team in our offices in the fantastic Salts Mill heritage site, 15 minutes’ train from Leeds station.
Please note that we do not consider applications from employment agencies or recruitment consultants.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience of PHP based web server development
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0 protocol
- Experience of SQL + NoSQL database specification, design, implementation
- Experienced in Agile methodology for software development
- Experience of writing and maintaining technical design documentation
- Knowledge of supporting and maintaining web server and database
- Ablility to provide technical support to service users involving: telephone / email support, investigate issues, bug reporting, resolving issues
Other requirements that would be desirable:
- Some awareness of mobile application software development approaches is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform, and ASP.net would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a managed quality assurance environment, such as medical and safety-critical applications
This role requires a web server developer with extensive practical industry experience. They must have a proven track record of work on complex software projects to a high professional standard. They will want to find an exciting and stimulating place to work, to make a tangible intellectual, social and economic impact.