MedsMinder App Will Change Way We Manage Our Own Health
Working alongside a team of prescribing chemists and doctors, Saltaire-based ADI has developed ‘medsminder’ to help revolutionise the way we manage our health. Reports suggest that between 30-50% of patients may not take their prescribed medication correctly, with adverse effects on their wellbeing, and cost to the NHS.
By downloading the ‘medsminder’ app to their smart phone or tablet, individuals can plan their medications in a way to suit their lifestyle, and record when they take their medicine at the touch of a button. The benefits to the user are extensive:
- help the user develop a routine so they take their medication as their doctor intended
- taking medication reliably, in sync with the users own daily routine, has a big influence on its effectiveness
- ‘medsminder’ is much more than just an alarm; it’s a clever bit of technology which helps the user plan the best times to take medication, for example at meal times or around other daily activities
- by understanding lifestyle and routines, ‘medsminder’ knows when there’s a change, such as a holiday. By identifying these changes, ‘medsminder’ can take action to ensure the user doesn’t miss taking their medication
- ‘medsminder’ also reports to the user’s doctor or pharmacist so they know how they’re doing and that’s going to help them look after the user more effectively
- ‘medsminder’ will keep track of how many medication doses the user has left, and help in managing repeat prescriptions
All personal information logged by the app is held securely with access granted only to the individuals that the user decides: whether it be their doctor, pharmacist or a relative.
For more information and to register your interest in becoming part of the ‘medsminder’ revolution, simply visit www.medsminder.co.uk.